Online marketing refers to a set of powerful tools and methodologies used for promoting products and services through the Internet. It includes a wider range of marketing elements than traditional business marketing due to the extra channels and marketing mechanisms .
Online marketing can deliver benefits such as:
- Growth in potential
- Reduced expenses
- Elegant communications
- Better control
- Improved customer service
- Competitive advantage
Online marketing is also known as Internet marketing, Web marketing, digital marketing and search engine marketing (SEM).
Online marketing synergistically combines the Internet’s creative and technical tools, including design, development, sales and advertising, while focusing on the following primary business models:
- Lead-based websites
- Affiliate marketing
- Local search
Online marketing has several advantages, including:
- Low costs: Large audiences are reachable at a fraction of traditional advertising budgets, allowing businesses to create appealing consumer ads.
- Flexibility and convenience: Consumers may research and purchase products and services at their leisure.
- Analytics: Efficient statistical results are facilitated without extra costs.
- Multiple options: Advertising tools include pay-per-click advertising, email marketing and local search integration (like Google Maps).
- Demographic targeting: Consumers can be demographically targeted much more effectively in an online rather than an offline process.
Online marketing has outsold traditional advertising in recent years and continues to be a high-growth industry.